....Tomorrow is my first day back to work after 6 months off! I can't believe that so much time has past. Six months ago, we were living in two different cities, Rick in Louisville, me in Minneapolis. There were so many uncertainties in our life. Where would we live? What would it be like having a baby? Would it be a boy or girl? Would it be a healthy baby? Would we like living in Louisville? Who would our friends be? Would I return to work for EY? Would I find a different job? Would I work at all....
Well, over time we know the answer to at least some of those questions and it's back to EY for me. It's worked out that I can continue working for the Minneapolis office remotely (from my home office) on a part-time basis. I'll be working a little bit each day, at least initially. From what I've learned from watching others before me who have tried to work part-time at EY, it is a process of trial and error.
While we miss our friends in Minneapolis dearly, our move to Louisville was the right one, and one we are happy we made. We love our neighborhood and our new home which is SLOWLY getting decorated just the way we want it. I am so proud of how well Rick is doing at his job. The man never ceases to amaze me. I'm really proud of what a hard worker he is and what a strong mind he has. We LOVE having little Mae in our life! She is an absolute joy! Rick is a fabulous daddy and Mae's face lights up when she sees him. I just LOVE that. Despite the early concerns about Mae's growth and development when she was in utero, she is totally healthy! We are so thankful to God for protecting her.
Loving life in Louisville.... Shelly (& Rick and Mae too!)
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment